Thursday, May 26, 2011

"Herd Mentality"

Ok, this may be a little of or may not be at all, but herd mentality is the first thing that came to mind yesterday in my situation.

Had to top up my cashcard before exiting the shopping mall, and had to queue for the POSB atm to top it up. The queue was horrendous when I arrived!!! I would think there was about 30 ppl queueing in front of me!!! It made me wonder how many machines were there up front. Lucky for me, i had my bf queue up while I walked all the way to the front and saw that there were 2 atm machines, but everyone was queueing up for one! I asked the few ppl queued in front what was wrong with the other machine and no one knew what was wrong, so i bravely checked it out. Did my transaction in 2 mins flat and got outta there!

It always happens this way... If there is something that has not been in use, and ppl are queueing up for another, very few venture to see what is wrong with it. Of coz, there are situations that you may not want to venture to check out the unknown, like for example in the toilet (in case of UFOs swimming in the bowl that would scare you!). But it would've shorten the queue time tremendously if someone were to just check if the other machine was alright.

In the end, I'm glad I did. At least I wouldn't have taken half an hour or more to queue for the machine only to realise that there was another working one next to it that no one bothered using.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.microgiving.com/profile/clarithromycin]generic biaxin online
[/url]

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.microgiving.com/profile/ribavirin]purchase ribavirin online
[/url] ribavirin 100 mg online
virazole 100 mg online
rebetol 200 mg online