Sunday, May 6, 2007

Grandma's tales #1

It's a brand new week and I'm going to introduce a new segment to this blog every monday - Grandma's tales.

Some of us may have heard of some of these before but apparently there are 'reasons' behind it. Here, I will put out one by one, the numberous grandma's tales I literally got from my grandma.

Here's the first one - Pointing to the moon is disrespectful to the moon deity and it will punish you by cutting your ear.

I heard this from grandma when I was very young and when my brother's ear got a severe deep cut to his left ear once, I really believed in it.

As I grow up, I wonder why then isn't most loving couples suffering from the same fate (think about the corniest 'romantic' line of all time - look at how round the moon is tonight) and then I realise it must be a whole load of BULL.

Aiyoh, and they dare to call me Orbin!

No comments: